Arm your vuvuzelas indeed, for WordPress 3.0 is now available for download (or upgrade within your dashboard).
I think that I might wait for the end of the 2010 Soccer FIFA World Cup before doing something about it.
But first – a good Strategy for a major platform upgrade:
First Offline Local:
- Mainly because I need to make sure that the Theme that I use does not have hicups.
- Secondly for all the plugins I have – to make sure that things run smoothly.
In both cases I need to see if there are any required updates
Wait at Least a Week
- Wait for the updates (Theme and plugins)
- As well as for any minor fixes for WordPress 3.0
- Let others feel the pain and find the work arounds – if any required. Or if you find them locally – to be the hero and post them.
I have a very cool and exciting project for a personal blog that will let me express myself in a way that will be more engaging with people.
So I will be looking for a good theme that will be supporting wordpress 3.0 nicely.
Are you jumping in head first? Or do you have a strategy?