And where oh where is the much needed Final Cut Pro update?
If I had the money I would switch to Media Composer. Hell, I’ld go with MC, Nuke and Maya. Perhaps I’ld throw in in Photoshop and After Effects, hmmm.
Anyway on to Media Composer.
I really like the fact that they have a presence in Social Media Channels and that they have momentum in their updates.
So what is in the Update…
- Capture, monitor, and output video with support for the AJA Io Express interface
- Natively access and edit Sony HDCAM SR Lite media through AMA (Avid Media Access)
- Accelerate Panasonic AVC-Intra projects—and use multiple streams—with support for the new Nitris DX AVC-Intra hardware interface
- Take hands-on control of your video and audio editing/mixing with EUCON support for Artist Control, Artist Mix, and Artist Transport control surfaces
- Find the right clips fast with support for the new PhraseFind option
- Directly manipulate transitions in the timeline with the expanded Smart Tool
- Quickly find files across local and shared storage bins using the improved Find tool
- Be more creative with new updates to the included Production Suite (sold separately from download purchases)
- Get more flexibility with audio signal routing when sending material to air (Send to Playback), with up to 16 audio output channels
- View portions of the software interface in localized languages, including Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, Spanish, German, and Italian
- Get better Long GOP performance when using Send to Playback with AirSpeed servers
- Use proxies of H.264 material in AirSpeed MultiStream environments for faster response time and increased stream counts