Want to use your filmmaking time, talents and efforts to make a difference through the media and medium of visual story telling? YWAM Harpenden is the place to start. YWAM as in Youth with a Mission.
Are you passionate about making a difference in society through visual storytelling? Want to use film to create awareness and address issues? Are you willing to see change begin with you? Then the Documentary Film-making School (DFS) is designed with you in mind.
The Documentary Filmmaking School is a six-months course for people with no experience in documentary fimmaking. It aims to train
and equip new talent who are passionate about real-life storytelling to be relevant storytellers through visual media.
In the first four weeks of teaching students will learn:
- Camera techniques, composition, shot length
and construction with Andrew Martin
- Script Writing, this course is to assist individuals in developing
the idea into a treatment, and the writers role in pre/prod and
post production with Kevin Miller
- Lighting techniques, how three point lighting
works with Duncan Curtis
- Worldview and Content Development looks at creating with
God in a tangible way with Patrick Dodson
- Exploring sound as an integral element in documentary
filmmaking with David Howell
- Editing on latest Final Cut Pro, learning to create an
atmosphere, emotion and mood through, the use of imagery
with Chris Stone