Canon has released the 600D/T3i. Apart from the addition of the articulating LCD, I do not know what the update is all about. Maybe canon should rather have lowered the price of the 60D and more people would have gone that route. On the other hand Canon could be trying to leverage the growing HDSLR interest and have just offered the most popular HDSLR with a nice little kicker.
Personally, unless the price is not much higher, I would skip to the 60D.
Some interesting things that could be construed as an upgrade:
- I like the fact that the Disp button is now next to the iso button.
- Full Auto is now Scene Intelligent Auto
- 18-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode
- Full-HD EOS Movie
- On-screen Feature Guide
- 3.7fps continuous shooting
- Wide-area 9-point AF
- 1,040k-dot vari-angle 7.7cm (3.0”) screen
- Basic+ and Creative Filters
- Built-in wireless flash control