This week is doing to be completely HDSLR. With so many discussions going on about this and my plans to move into it, I think that it is something worthwhile devoting a lot of attention to. There is, of course, other news, what with IBC and panasonic’s XF105 (nicccc) etc, but HDLSR is the word of the week:
- Pixels vs. Pixels : There is definitely a misconception between pixels on an image sensor and the digital pixels we attribute to resolution. This article explains the difference and the links to some great videos really flesh out all the intricacies.
- A simple but very direct way of showing the difference between full frame and crop sensor : An interesting test between the 5D MarkII and 7D. Certainly a factor when considering a DSLR purchase.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IIs used to produce the first HDR video : A viral video of an HDR shot created by using two Canon 5D MarkIIs.
- HDSLR Guide : A very cool guide from B&H Photo and Video for both the Newbie and the Consummate Professional.
- HDSLR Filmmaking on Vimeo: A group dedicated to producing and showcasing films shot on HDSLR Cameras.