There are always interesting filmmaking articles out there; anything from a useful post production tutorial to an interview with a Director. It is the goal of this series to share 5 articles related to the film making process.
And of course you are more than welcome to add your own links – that can even be to your website/blog – in the comments section.
- Redrock Launches New “nano” Line of DSLR Rigs and Accessories : This is quiet important, with cheaper HDSLR cameras coming out like the Canon D60 and the 550D people will want and need “low-cost entry level” accessories as well. This is well timed.
- RED : No More Red Drives? Wow, posted in the complaints section of REDUser.net, this had brought up a lot emotion. I for one cannot understand it; if you don’t have a hard drive then you have to use CF card which are not that big and will require lots of swapping out. This will certainly force people to be stricter in what they film – for now at least.
- RED Post – the Easy Way III : The third part of a great series that Oliver Peters is writing. There is a huge wealth of information here if you are involved in RED One Post production.
- Looking For Mr. GoodEditor : Interesting to read about the rules for Film the Editing Award at the Academy Awards. And interesting that there is a distinction between “Best Film Editing” not “Best Film Editor.” . By the way only film editing is considered – how long will that last.
- RED vs Alexa : “Here’s a simple side-by-side comparison of the same test scenes that show how Red and Alexa handle it both pre and post grade” hmmmm – for me the comments too this video are the most interesting.